A courtesy visit was paid to the Chief of Naval Engineering, Rear Admiral Suleiman El-Ladan DSS, PhD on Wednessday 18th November 2022. they were accompanied by Senior management Officers of the Engineering Unit which include Engr. Rear Admiral Abolaji Orederu MNSE, and Engr. Captain Lanre Animasahun MNSE
The Possible areas of collaboration and partnership with the Nigerian Navy were as follows:
- Standard certification and training of Mechanical Engineers with the Nigerian Navy in the areas of Underwater and robotic welding
- Certification courses for Mechanical Engineers at the Nigerian Navy Engineering College Sapele
- Internship training for Young Engineers at Naval Dockyard Lagos
- Possibility of establishing a Separate Professional Unit for all Military personnel’s such as NSE Navy Unit to promote further professional contributions
- To ensure that all members who are Mechanical Engineers are duly registered with the Institution
- Partnering with other high profile Organization such as Nigerian Content Board in the areas of training on Maritime courses and Dangote Refinery.
- Internship at the Fleet Maintenance Organizations at West, Central and East Naval Commands
- Establishment of Refinery Technical Training School at Dangote Refinery
- Partnering with Rivers State University Excellence Laboratory in areas of Ship design and Construction.
- Prof. Oluwatoyin Ashiru OON, FAEng, FNSE, FNIMechE
- Mrs. Funmilade Akingbagbohun FNSE, FNIMechE
- Alhassan Abdu Mohammed FNIMechE
- Akpan Udeme Victor MNIMechE
From the Navy Engineering Unit
- Rear Admiral Suleiman El-Ladan DSS, PhD
- Rear Admiral Abolaji Orederu MNSE
- Captain Lanre Animasahun MNSE
- Other team members of the Engineering Unit.